Monday, May 7, 2007

Nice Weekend

I haven't remembered to as Lavena how the sweet's table ended up. They had to leave prior to court in order to get home to her Missy-ship who had been locked in the house all day. Poor hound! The new heirs for Meridies are Maxamillian and Lethrenn. Vivat!

Court was not withouth drama. The first being that someone collapsed after being given an Grant of Arms. Now granted it was very hot and stifling in court and I had heard that she was not feeling well to begin with. I think that our sudden hot weather has caught many people (myself included) off-guard. We had such a pleasant and seemingly long spring that to sudden be thrust into the upper 80's with such high humidity and lack of breeze had some people not taking care of themselves as they will in a few weeks when we are used (again) of this dreadful weather. It was a pleasure to see Ming the Mongol recieve his Award of Arms and grovel at the King's feet. What a hoot. He supplicated himself refusing to accept credit for anything he was "accused" of doing until he was asked if it was his intention of someday being a War Lord. Ah, the right words!

I as able to sit with Lady Aine ingen Comyn for a while and talk calligraphy and illumination. She was very helpful in giving me constructive criticism and ideas on how to make my work better. She suggested Ox Gall for thinning paints and I (of course) immediately ran out and bought a bottle the next day. I started playing with it last night and today and absolutely love the flow of the paint now. It doesn't get "gloppy" nearly as fast as before and the gold looks super cool using this new medium.

I have a puny tummy today so haven't done much other than to get a Meridian Majesty scroll completed for my stockpile. I have a goal of having at least 2 of every commonly given award and a good collection of various AoA scrolls available for use. Scrambling to make up original scrolls this weekend told me that I need to have more of a variety of scrolls available. I have printed out ideas for several other awards. I suppose I will be calligraphing tonight while Dancing with the Stars is on. (Did I just admit to watching that? LOL!!)

No comments: