Wednesday, May 9, 2007

New hand

I'm working at decyphering a "new" hand for me. It's from the http://bestiary.ca/ Aberdeen Bestiary (it is very slow in loading, but it will eventually load). I've been copying pages of the text and enlarging them and printing them off. I figured if I liked the images then the hand should match. I haven't quite been able to piece together a full alphabet, but I'm working on it. I'm also working on coming up with some ways to make the scrolls using those pages as an example look more like the book rather than your typical SCA scrolls. It's a fun little task.

I think I finally have the feast for Daggers and Hemlock worked out. Although I will admit that it may change thanks to weather. It's going to be full of fresh fruits, veggies and lean meats. A perfect summer feast. Filling but not weighty. All period recipes. (All yummy recipes say my children!) I'll post it in a few days. It should be a fun feast with not too much labor. I'm planning on baking the bread on site and teaching a class on bread as I do so (free labor, no?)

I completed two scrolls this week already, but I need Cato to hook the scanner back up to a computer so I can scan them in. Hopefully I can get those posted soon.

No comments: